Please excuse my absence over the last few weeks – I was on a vacation and fully intended on blogging while I was away – but then vacation happened. We spent the majority of our days either sight-seeing or driving and I just wanted to crawl into bed at the end of the day, which is exactly what I did. I plan on doing a travel diary of our road trip so if you want more details on what we did, where we went and where we ate (the most important thing, IMO), keep your eyes peeled for that. But now I’m back home and attempting to regain a sense of normal and routine, it’s time to resume blogging!
Today I’m sharing my thoughts what has become my go-to “foundation” over the last few months: IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better™ CC Cream with SPF 50+. First up I’m going to gift it the “Longest Ever Name for a Product” Award ;). I purchased this way back in March from the Shopping Channel. They were having a showstopper that included a 2.53 fl oz size of the CC Cream with the Dual Ended Concealer Brush for $60 CAD; the 32 mL/1.08 oz of the CC cream retails for $45 CAD on it’s own, so I couldn’t pass up such a good deal. I placed my order within the first hour of the showstopper and waited for it to arrive. Fast forward to two months later, when I actually received the product I ordered. Long story short: they sent me the wrong shade (and knew it), ran out of the shade I had ordered and I had to wait 2 months for it to come back in stock. Honestly, it was a horrible customer-service experience and every time I called to cancel my order, they told me it was just a week away from being shipped to me. Eventually that actually did happen, in the right shade this time (#whataconcept) and we’ve been inseparable ever since.
Before I get into why I love this so much, let’s look at all of it’s many claims, via the IT Cosmetics website:
This highly pigmented multi-tasking beauty miracle truly covers everything, will not crease or crack in fine lines, and gives you a healthy, Your Skin But Better® glow. Paraben-free and SPF 50+ UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum, Physical Only, Non-Chemical Sunscreen.
Developed with leading plastic surgeons, Your Skin But Better® CC+™ Cream with SPF 50+ is truly a multi-tasking beauty miracle. It’s your SPF 50+ UVA/UVB Physical only sunscreen that protects against the rays that both burn your skin and age your skin. CC+™ is infused with cutting edge Anti-Aging technology and is clinically shown to improve skin texture, brightness and increase skin hydration by 79%. The Anti-Aging hydrating formula is infused with Peptides, Niacin, Algae, Vitamins A, C, B, E, Hyaluronic Acid and Hydrolyzed Collagen along with Antioxidants and exotic natural botanicals for long-term brightening and color-correcting benefits.
And the ingredients (woah):
TITANIUM DIOXIDE 9.0%, ZINC OXIDE 6.3%, Water, Snail Secretion Filtrate, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Hexyl Laurate, Stearic Acid, Calcium Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, 1,2-Hexanediol, Disodium EDTA, Citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, Pinus Sylvestris Leaf Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Niacinamide, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Water, Lactobacillus/Honeysuckle Flower/Licorice Root/Morus Alba Root/Pueraria Lobata Root/Schizandra Chinensis Fruit/Scutellaria Baicalensis Root/Sophora Japonica Flower Extract Ferment Filtrate, Perfluorohexane, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Cholesteryl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chrysanthemum Indicum flower Extract, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract, Perfluorodecalin, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Magnolia Kobus Bark Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sprout Extract, Diospyros Kaki Leaf Extract, Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract, Artemisia Princeps Leaf Extract, Pentafluoropropane, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Steareth-20, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Colloidal Oatmeal, Hydrolyzed Silk, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium sorbate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Tocopherol, Thiamine HCl, Riboflavin, Retinyl Palmitate, Pantothenic Acid, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Niacin, Folic Acid, Chrysin, Carnitine HCl, Biotin, Ascorbic Acid, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Chlorhexidine Digluconate. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499).
- It’s highly pigmented with medium to high coverage. If I’m having a good skin day, I can get away with wearing this and only this. No concealer needed. Unfortunately my good skin days have been few and far between lately so I haven’t been so lucky to be able to do so. But if you have normal skin or even skin with a few small blemishes, I think you could be one and done with this!
- It gives my skin a healthy glow. With the amount of coverage this provides, you’d fully expect it to have a matte finish. Instead it leaves behind a dewy finish and brightness to my skin. Most days I skip highlighter because I just don’t feel like I need it.
- It blends effortlessly and seamlessly into skin. I always, always have problems with foundations settling into my pores, particularly if I use a brush to apply them (which is why I tend to stick to a Beauty Blender) and/or skip using a primer beforehand. Miraculously, I don’t have that problem with this. I use the brush included with my set to stipple and buff it into my skin and it works like a charm – and I’m left with an airbrushed appearance. I’m going to credit the snail secretion filtrate for this benefit – which I will admit, at first grossed me out. Experiencing its benefits has lessened the gross-factor, however.
- It works for my sensitive skin. My skin doesn’t react well to a lot of face products, and I’ll admit to feeling a bit worried when seeing the extensive ingredient list. However, I’ve had zero issues with this irritating my skin. In fact, I feel like any dry patches I had are a lot less dry since I’ve started using it.
- It’s simple and easy. As mentioned above, if you have non-problematic skin, you can likely get away without using concealer. But given how moisturizing this is, I also find it very easy to skip moisturizer and primer as well. I don’t tend to skip moisturizer very often because my skin often needs the other benefits that moisturizer provides but I like the fact that I can, without any consequences. In addition, my use of primers has severely decreased – I just don’t need one with this product. It honestly makes using other foundations seem like so much work.
- Sunscreen is included: I love the fact that SPF 50 is included; I’ve heard that anything higher than 30 SPF doesn’t really offer any extra protection but regardless, I still appreciate it being in there. With my fair skin, I’ll take all I can get!
- It’s the perfect shade. I ordered the shade Light after reading reviews stating that the palest shade (Fair) was really grey-toned. That turned out to be a really good decision – this matches my skin perfectly. I have a little bit of colour right now but even when I didn’t it seemed to be a good match. This is a big thing because I’m always struggling to find foundations that match my skin tone given that I have lots of redness and am quite fair.
- The packaging. I feel like pumps should be mandatory on all foundations – they keep everything clean and they’re so much easier to control the amount of product you can dispense. I also appreciate that it’s all contained in a tube, which makes it nice and light for travel.
It requires a setting powder. I don’t see this as a huge negative – but if I don’t set this with powder, it disappears off of my skin within a few hours. This is not an uncommon problem for me but the few times I did use this without setting it, I was not impressed with the lasting powder. I now set it with Laura Mercier’s Translucent Setting Powder and it stays put almost all day. Despite that, I don’t see this working well for anyone with really oily skin; I suspect it’ll just make you look greasy.
It transfers. This is probably my biggest frustration with this product – it transfers like crazy, even when set with powder. I end up with it on the necklines of my clothes, on my phone, basically on anything that comes in contact with my face.
Requires concealer. As mentioned above, I need a concealer with this, mainly to cover active breakouts. It does not cover those to the level that I would like it to, but to be fair, I haven’t found a foundation that does, or at least one that doesn’t leave me with a serious case of cake face. I’ll take the more natural look with the requirement of a concealer over that anyday!
Personally, I couldn’t be happier with this CC Cream and once I’ve ran out of my gigantic tube, I’ll be re-purchasing for sure! I have used it so often that I’d estimate I’m about halfway through it and despite my horrendous experience with the Shopping Channel, I’ll continue to keep my eye out for future IT Cosmetics showstoppers, particularly if they’re featuring the jumbo size tube again (such good value!). It’s got me interested in what other products are worth my time from this brand.
Have you tried IT Cosmetic’s Your Skin But Better CC Cream, or any other IT Cosmetics products? Let me know below!
Thanks for stopping by!