You guys, Father’s Day is THIS Sunday? Are you prepared? Did you get your Dad a fantastic gift? If you didn’t and need to, I’ve got a few last minute gift ideas for you:
- Rocky Mountain Soap Men’s Stuff Gift Set – $38.25 CAD: Because Rocky Mountain Soap products are natural and toxin free!
- Fossil 65mm Wraparound Gradient Sunglasses – $70 CAD: Because Fossil makes the best sunglasses and there’s no better time to gift sunglasses than the present!
- Cufflinks Inc. Iron Man Cufflinks – $69.50 CAD: Because how cool are Ironman cufflinks?
- The Tie Bar Dot Silk Tie & Cotton Pocket Square Style Box – $40.37 CAD: Because a tie is a classic Father’s Day gift – bonus that this one comes with a matching pocket square!
- HS Soda Pop Crew Socks – Sale! $10 CAD: Because fun and funky socks are such a fun way to add some personality to a dull suit.
- Titlelist Personalized Pro V1 Double Digit Golf Balls – $62.99: Because my Dad is golf lover and how neat would it be to present him with an entire box of personalized golfballs with his initials on them?
- Corkcicle Wine Chiller – SALE! $20.99: Because who wants to wait around for wine to chill?
- Picnic Time Fiero BBQ Tool Set – Because it’s BBQ season!
- Home Studio Dream Hammock Chair – Sale! $449 CAD: Because…okay, this is expensive but OMG does this not look like the most amazing chair ever? If you have a big budget or lots of siblings I feel like this would be the best Father’s Day present ever!
- Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye – price varies ($35 – $45 CAD): Because if your Dad likes rye/whisky, this is apparently one of the best (my husband and Dad agree). It’s not easy to find so if you see some, scoop it up! Bonus points for it being Canadian!
- Godiva 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate with Almonds: Because you can’t go wrong with chocolate and Godiva is some of the best out there!
- NESPRESSO Nespresso VertuoLine Black – SALE! $187.49 CAD: Because how convenient is this if Dad’s a coffee drinker? I don’t drink coffee but if I did I’d be all over one of these!
I wish you all a wonderful weekend and a Happy Father’s Day to all the Dad’s out there!
Did you know that Mother’s Day is less than 2 weeks away? Eeek, it always seems to sneak up on me. This year I’m attempting to get ahead of the game and I’ve put together a gift guide in case you need some ideas too. I thought I’d break it out by price point because everyone has a different budget but that shouldn’t mean you can’t get your Mom a great gift!
$25 AND UNDER:
My experience is that Moms’ like to keep organized, so why not gift a book that specializes in that exact subject? Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class On The Art Of Organizing And Tidying Up ($13 – SALE) has been touted by many as life-changing | A beautiful journal ($25) makes a wonderful gift for anyone. Maybe your Mom doesn’t write but she make lists or just jots down important things; doing it in something that looks like a piece of art makes it that much more enjoyable | Perhaps a Herb Gardening Kit ($25) because flowers die and how awesome would it be to snip a sprig of rosemary or thyme right from your own little kitchen garden? | You can never go wrong with a gift card to Shopper’s Drug Mart. They sell everything from snacks to lipstick and anything in between.
$50 AND UNDER:
Candles are nice but the scent from diffusers lingers longer and you don’t have to worry about them burning your house down if left unattended. 😉 Illume’s Blackberry Absinthe version ($32) is the perfect mix of fruity and musky without being overpowering | Sunglasses are a Spring/Summer essential so pick Mom up a classic Wayfarer pair in this beautiful gold and tortoiseshell design ($42) | Not only is this S’well water bottle ($45) sparkly, it keeps drinks cold for up to 24 hours or hot for up to 12 hours. | What about a pretty little polka-dotted jewellery box ($50) to hold all of her precious treasures?
$75 AND UNDER:
Treat Mom to a day at the spa with a WaySpa.com Gift Card ($75). These are great because they can be redeemed at over 5,000 spas across Canada, the US, Mexico and the Caribbean | I couldn’t resist throwing in another Kate Spade item because these Cluster Stone Stud Earrings ($64) are perfect for Spring! | My mom recently introduced me to L’Occitane’s Verbena line and and I love the scent – it smells so fresh and clean. This Verbena Star Gift set ($76) gives her the chance to try out some of the best products in the line. | Any makeup-loving Mom would appreciate this Lancome Spring Essentials set ($65) that comes complete with 7 of Lancome’s best beauty products (that palette looks gorgeous!).
$100 AND UNDER:
You can give your mom the gift of memories with one of these Fuji Instax Mini 8 ($86) Cameras. How fun would it be to instantly print your photos? | Or stick with a classic fragrance like Coco Chanel Eau De Parfum Spray ($85); this is one of my Mom’s personal favourites | Having a zip wallet you can throw your phone into is so convenient, I don’t leave home without mine. Fossil makes this vibrant version: Sydney Phone Zip Wallet – $86 | Last but not least, how about this goes-with-everything, rose-gold watch with a ceramic bracelet ($76 – SALE)?
I hope my picks spurred some ideas for you! Usually I buy my Mom a gift and we spend the day together – we going shopping, hit up a movie or enjoy lunch/dinner together. Do you do anything special with your Mom for Mother’s Day?
Have a great day!
Every year I struggle with brainstorming gift ideas for my husband – whenever I ask him what he wants, the answer is usually “Nothing” or “I don’t need anything”. Yet I know if I do exactly that he’d be disappointed. So while I struggle with finding gifts for him for this Christmas, I thought I’d share with you some of the things I (or others) have purchased for him in the past that he actually liked (and I liked too!). And perhaps a few things I may be considering for him this year!
- Lucky Brand Graphic Tee ($39.50)
We are both fans of Lucky Brand’s tees. They’re always super soft and pre-shrunk so you don’t have to worry about them shrinking in the wash. Plus they always have a sale on so you can stock up and get a few fun shirts for a great price!
- Final Touch Mini Beer Boot with Handle ($19.50)
Not much to say about this except I guess there’s some novelty associated with drinking your beer out of a glass boot? I don’t understand it but I know this would go over well.
- New Era Baseball Cap ($50.21 CAD)
I’m married a huge NFL fan so I had to throw one of these in here. This monochromatic one is pretty unique – almost bordering on classy (almost!).
- Jack Black Jet Set Traveller ($33 CAD)
I think the majority of men do nothing to their skin other than shave and wash their face in the shower. This set offers a gentle introduction to men’s skin care and includes a cleanser, shave lather and moisturizer.
- Munch Better Monthly Subscription Box ($84 CAD for a 3 month subscription – ships to Canada only)
I did a lot of research on subscription boxes that would appeal to men and this one came out on top. Because food. And its Canadian. But let’s be honest, come January almost everyone usually on a health kick and is attempting to eat better; having healthy snacks delivered once a month that you can just grab and throw in your briefcase/lunch bag makes it all the easier. Plus isn’t it fun to receive something other than bills in the mail?
- Apple TV – 3rd Generation ($89.00)
We received one of these as a gift a few years ago and love it. This makes it so easy to watch Netflix or anything from iTunes. I believe you can also watch YouTube and live sports in HD as well. A great gift for couch potatoes!
- Legend – Montblanc Cologne ($65 CAD for 1.7 oz)
I purchased this cologne as a gift last year for Christmas and I lurrrrrve it. It smells so good. In my opinion it’s just the perfect men’s fragrance – masculine, woodsy and the slightest bit sweet but not at all overpowering. If you need further convincing (or a laugh!) go read the reviews on Sephora’s website.
- Herschel Supply Co. ‘Chapter’ Travel Kit ($36.01 CAD)
This is the gift for him and you! I don’t like sharing my toiletry bags (not that there’s often any room left anyway!) so why not get him his own? This one is a good size and made of water-resistant canvas.
- Ugg Scruff Slippers ($110 CAD)
There are two types of guys in the world – slipper wearers and non-slipper wearers. If yours is a slipper-wearer, I can’t recommend a pair of Uggs enough. They may be pricey but their quality and comfort can’t be matched. Love the simple, classic style of these too!
- Fossil Money Clip ($43.04 CAD)
I can’t imagine walking around with my wallet in my back pocket (can you say uncomfortable?). My husband has always liked thinner wallets and lately he’s been loving ones with money clips. This one provides enough room for a couple essential cards and the leather is soft and smooth.
- iHome Mini Wireless Speaker ($69.00 CAD)
I love mini speakers – they’re great for at home, at the office, out in the garage, on the deck, etc. This one is wireless too which is even better!
- Gillette Mac3 Sensitive Power Razor ($14.99 CAD)
Not every guy is into electric razors, so I feel this battery-powered option is a step up from a disposable but cheaper than an electric! Plus its made for sensitive skin!
- Beats Solo 2 Headphones ($219.95 CAD)
These are obviously a splurge but if you’re looking to spoil a music lover, you can’t beat (haha!) these! The sound quality is incredible and they fold up easily for travel.
- SKITS Smart Tech Case ($71.95 CAD)
For the organized (or wanna-be organized) traveler! This little case has a bunch of zippered compartments to store chargers, headphones, cords and other tech accessories. When we travel we typically have all of our techy things mixed in with everything else so it’d be nice to have one place for it all!
- Sriracha Popcorn ($4.99 CAD)
For that sriracha/hot sauce obsessed man in your life.
If you left your shopping to the last minute I hope this gift guide generated some ideas for you!